- Category: 2011 Event
- Published on 02 October 2009
The 2011 date for the Run is Sunday 17th April.
To download an Entry Form and view the Entry Conditions, click either of the links below:
|PDF FORMAT||WORD FORMAT|
Well over 100 cars are expected at this year's event and additional marshalls are required. If you can help, please leave a message on the Guestbook.
The event takes the form of a leisurely road run with the cars assembling at Avon Heath Country Park, St Leonards, Ringwood for a 10.00am to 10.30am start. Cars will be sent off in small groups on a predefined route through the New Forest and Wessex countryside of about 60 miles in length.
There will be a halfway halt where entrants will be able to stretch their legs. Also complimentary refreshments will be available.
The route will eventually finish at The Compasses Inn at Damerham with the cars arriving approximately 2.00pm to 2.30pm.
The cars will then be on display for a self judging concours, with a prize for the Best Car in each of seven classes. In addition there will also be a further prize for the entrant who we consider to have best demonstrated the spirit of the event - whatever that may be!
Each participant will receive a Rally Plaque which is included in the basic entry fee. In addition, we will also be offering an optional Commemorative Plaque at a minimal additional cost.
As always the number of entries is limited and hence we have to accept entries on a first come first served basis.
Each entrant will be given full route instructions in the form of a road book detailing approximate mileages of junctions illustrated via tulip diagrams and instructions with periodic references to an accompanying map.
In addition most of the junctions will be signed with direction arrows. The more difficult junctions will be marshalled.
Both the route and the event have full permissions of the MSA, the Police and Landowners where appropriate.
The event is an approved Triumph Sports Six Club event through which the appropriate Public Liability Insurance is arranged.
The success of the event is dependant upon the continued goodwill of all parties involved including Landowners, Authorities and the residents of the New Forest and surrounding countryside. In order to ensure this goodwill is maintained, and to conform to the requirements of our own insurance, the organisers request all entrants to comply with the following conditions:
- Entries can only be accepted upon receipt of a duly completed and signed entry form accompanied by the appropriate fee.
- In order to guarantee entry all completed entry forms must be received by the closing date of 31st March 2011. Entries received after this date will be at the discretion of the organisers.
- There are no time limits applicable to the run. All vehicles must conform to the appropriate speed limits and follow the normal rules of the highway. Entrants will also be expected to show due deference to other road users throughout the run.
- All entrants’ vehicles must be insured against all third party risks, fully licenced and tested in accordance with the appropriate regulations to that vehicle for road use. If required, the organisers reserve the right to ask for proof of these items.
- The organisers accept no responsibility for any of the entrant’s property or personal effects, or any personal and public injury during the event.
- All vehicles entered must be in a roadworthy condition. Substitute entries will only be allowed by prior arrangement with the organisers and receipt of a duly completed substitute entry form.
- All unattended vehicles at the start, halfway halt, or end of the run must be left securely braked.
- Drivers must pay full regard to Marshall’s instructions and conduct themselves in a manner which will not inconvenience other road users or other persons at any time.